Sunday, September 7, 2008

Woo Hoo!

I can hardly believe it! I've been featured in the Best of the Blogosphere on Card of the Week! That just stuns me! Wow, sure does make this learning curve all worth it. :D In case you haven't seen Card of the Week, it's a great resource. Susanna combs through tons of blogs each week (436 on her reader at last count, phew!) looking for the best projects to feature. Her lists are all encompassing - cards, scrapbooking, paper projects... it's just amazing all the gorgeous things she shares every week. Like I said, I'm THRILLED! :D Just a word to the wise, her BOB list is dynamic - in other words, she keeps adding to it. You can scroll for days to see ALL of the great things she's put on that list! Bring your cup of coffee! :)


Soo, I have something a little different to share... sure hope it lives up to all the hype. *lol* This is an altered puzzle piece that I made some time ago. I absolutely love how all the colors just came together, it wasn't planned - believe me! First I coated the puzzle piece with white gesso - it was a child's puzzle, lots of bright color & hard to cover. Then I went over it with lots of different colors of Mica Magic ink. No pads, everything came straight from the reinker bottle. I mushed it around with old makeup sponge (the really dense kind). I loved how the blue & green mixed together - all the colors actually blended very well. I did the same thing with the domino piece - no gesso, but still mica magic reinker with sponges. I stamped on the domino with a portion of a stamp from Rubberstamp Ave in black. Finally I edged it with a Krylon Copper pen and covered the whole thing with Glossy Accents from Ranger. After I figured out general placement of the domino I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig and a stamp from Club Stamp on the puzzle piece. I thought it needed a little more dimension so I embossed with black over that. Once I glued the domino down and edged the entire piece with more Krylon pen, I coated the whole thing with more Glossy Accents for protection.

I loved this piece so much that I gave it as a gift to my mom. I know she loves it... hope you do too!
Recipe: Green, Blue, Purple, Bronze and 2 shades of Gold Mica Magic reinkers. Puzzle piece, gesso, black ink & embossing powder, Krylon copper pen, Glossy Accents, makeup sponge.

No comments: