Thursday, September 11, 2008

Serendipity was the name of the game!

I have something pretty for your eyes today. Something more my 'style' - heh, like I have one!? Anyway, dh has ordered new software for my laptop and I'm expecting it in the next couple of days. I don't really know how long I'll be 'down', but maybe this will be worth checking out in the meantime? :)

This was not even close to what I had in mind when I started, but I guess I could say that about most things I make. *lol* I used a bunch of Distress Inks on Claybord (just like Stampbord) but didn't like the way it looked. NOT because of the board - that stuff takes ink like a dream! I just didn't like the way the colors were coming together. Sooo, I went over almost all of it with Mica Magic inks (love those!) and a makeup sponge until I liked it. IRL the bottom looks like a crashing wave, pure seredipity. Over that I used a background stamp that says things like Diva, Independent, Strong and Woman (among other things). I wish I knew where that stamp came from... I bought it many moons ago at one of my first stamp shows. You know, before I knew how addicted I would get to UM's (that had no info on them). I stamped the woman's face last using Archival Black ink from Ranger. I just love the look of her eyes.

Here's a close up of the grungeboard in the corner. This was my first foray into grungeboard and I wasn't sure what to do with it. This corner seemed to need something flourishy, so I broke into my package and started altering! I tapped it with green ink, then poured Opals embossing powder on it. The ink soaked in so quickly that I got a spotty look to the Opals when I heated it, but it looked intentional - so I kept it!

I edged the entire piece with black velvet ribbon and added feathers from the fly fishing section of the local sporting goods store. Hah! I can find crafty stuff *anywhere*.
Thanks for dropping by!



Recipe: Claybord panel, Mica Magic reinkers, Brilliance gold ink, grungeboard flourish, Opals EP in Eucalypt, Third Coast Rubberstamp, unknown background stamp, feathers, black velvet, red liner tape, green dye ink

2 comments:

KAT said...

Seen you post on Rangerlink and I thought I would stop in and give you some lovin.... This is incredible!!! Love the colors the feathers (very unexpected) and the grunge!!!

Give me a visit and let me know what you think of my blog - www.kattoys.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

love this!