Tuesday, September 9, 2008

How 'bout something quiet?

So, how would you like to see something 'quiet'? You know, some things just require a more restrained touch... weddings, funerals, new babies. Somehow I don't imagine that a *bright* card is always appropriate - or appreciated! :D

Here's a little something that I made for a friend when his wife was pregnant. Can you imagine, I think their baby boy is four months old now! This really was an easy card to stamp and I was able to use my Curvy Cutter (this was before I got circle Nesties!). A little glitter pen, a few 'fake' dew drops and voila!
The stamps are from Inkadinkado, a clear set that was only available at Joann's earlier this year. I know you can't really tell, but those circles were outlined with a brown glitter pen - sparkly IRL, I promise! At first I wanted to center all the circles on top of eachother but it looked too much like a bull's eye. Ack, not the right look! Now these are the 'fake' dew drops that you could find at Michaels - I haven't seen them in months, but they were in floral and they have flat backs. I do have some of the real thing. Honestly the differences are mostly size (real DD are smaller) and finish (there are rough spots on the fake ones that can be trimmed off with scissors), otherwise they feel pretty much the same. You do have to use a clear drying glue to adhere them or maybe something with glitter - Stickles anyone? :)
Thanks for dropping by!

Recipe: Light & dark aqua cardstock, brown cardstock & brown pattern sb paper, brown glitter pen, aqua ink, versamark & white embossing powder, Score It, acrylic drops, white ribbon, Glossy Accents (to glue the acrylic drops) and double sided foam tape.

No comments: