Friday, September 12, 2008

Just a quickie

Ok, just a quick post! Dh hasn't started updating my OS yet, but I have been busy making sure that everything is ready. Soooo... just droppin in to post the first card I've made with my Katzelkraft stamps. Oooooo, I *love* those stamps! This particular bird cried out for something elegant, like a wedding or wedding shower. I might add a greeting before sending it - assuming that the occasion warrants it.

Ok, the details. The bird was stamped with 2 colors of Distress Ink on a small piece of cream cs. Then I scored the edges with my Score It - but it needed more. I pulled out the Dimensional Pearls from Ranger & painted the edges - IRL it is very close to the color of the background paper. That designer paper was my downfall. I had to put a moratorium on buying paper (NO more room!) several months ago, but this paper was calling me by name. I think it was whispering that it needed Katzelkraft to be happy. *lol* Everything else is pretty self explanatory.

Thanks for dropping by!


Recipe: green & cream cs, satin edged ribbon, designer scrapbook paper, stamp from Katzelkraft, White Opal Dimensional Pearls, Score It, Brilliance Galaxy Gold, Antique Linen & Vintage Photo DI, Hero Arts pearls.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your choice!! I think, This kind of photostamps are great as gifts...

Connie Fossenier said...

Love the sleekness and elegance of your card..and the bird stamps awesome.
Welcome to the world of blogging.
connie paxman

Anonymous said...

that is a great looking bird! i'll have to check out this line!
tfs, sandyh
sandyha@comcast.net

Unknown said...

Enjoyed your blog, and I love your work. Keep up the good work.

Fab said...

Hi Mari just came across your blog reading your comment on Penny's. Your creations are beautiful ! TFS X Fab

Lorraine said...

Hi Mari,
Thanks for visiting my blog!
This is a very elegant card. the way you stamped the bird is just magnificent. love the dp! I would have caved too. you should see my stash! lol

Anonymous said...

Well done ! I really love your card, very elegant.