Friday, September 19, 2008

Joseph's Coat

Hi all! Today is special for two reasons: first, it's Talk Like a Pirate Day (isn't that awesome?) and second, it's DH's birthday! Happy birthday husband, and many, many more! *mwah*

You, of course, are not here to talk like a pirate or hear about DH's birthday... so how 'bout a card instead?

I happen to really like this card even though it took a lot of trial and error. This is my take on Joseph's Coat - although I did tweak it a little. The actual technique calls for glossy paper and permanent ink on top. I found that I got better results on regular card stock, and used Black Soot Distress Ink instead of permanent ink. I used a multi color dye ink pad for both the base of the piece and for the flower cut out (it's the same stamp). I cut and matted the rectangles before adding some ribbon. A little glitter for the center of the flower and voila!

I hope you like it!


Recipe: black and white card stock, brayer, ribbon, flower stamp from Stampabilities, glitter, clear ep, Black Soot Distress Ink, Calypso Kaleidacolor pad

1 comment:

Tegan said...

this is so cool and retro! my highschool recently did a production of joseph and the technicoloured dream coat!