Thursday, June 23, 2011

I think I'm getting better?

Hmm, possibly the mojo is trickling back?  Dunno for sure, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :)
This card came out of nowhere... no plan, no idea of what I was doing!  I (finally) inked up this gorgeous stamp from Stampers Anonymous that my very best friend gave me.  I've wanted this stamp for some time - the girlfriends always come through, don't they?
First I brayered some Ranger dye ink onto glossy paper (Hydrangea, I think) then stamped the angel in black VersaFine & clear embossed it.  Once it had cooled I painted the angel with bleach - several coats in some places.  It dried blotchy (the glossy paper, I think) but I thought it still looked cool enough to use.  I painted some Glimmer Glaze (in Sugarcane) on the flesh parts since I didn't like the blotches on her face and a bit of white Smooch on her wings (although, as usual, you can't see it in the pic).  Finally I trimmed her out as closely as I could and added a light coat of Perfect Pearl mist - which shows up as lighter, splotchy looking color especially in the purple areas near the top.
I stamped the border along the edges of the card base and embossed in clear again.  After cooling, I masked them off and colored them with a Q-tip and 3 - 4 colors of Opalite ink to match the dye background.  I also dotted some smooch and glimmer glaze to tie the two parts together.  The embroidery floss was added (although I still question the gold strand - yes, it's actually a muted gold IRL) then popped up the stamped panel over them.
On a completely different subject, I also learned how to make the picture much, much bigger.  I haven't tried it before, so I don't know if the size will interfere with sidebars, etc when posted.  Do let me know if it takes a long time to load, or if it looks wonky - *please*?  Thank you! :D
Thanks for dropping by!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Still with the low mojo

Ugh.  Do you run into 'down' times?  You know, where you don't even want to face all your stuff?  I think about it, but then I just don't get in there and create very often. *sigh*  Of course I've also run into problems with my signature here and on my email.  They've both been upgraded recently - all the hard work I did to figure it out the first time has come to nothing!  Grrrr.  I think I've got this one fixed, but Yahoo is a whole 'nother story.  What a time sucker! (Not to mention that I joined Pintrest - which is an *excellent* way to avoid getting my craft on!)
Anyhow.  Enough grumbles.
I've had this digi from Crafts and Me printed for a few weeks.  Actually, I have a bunch printed (why waste an entire sheet of paper on one image, right?) that are just waiting for some coloring.  I'm pretty sure the ink is dry by now! :)  I didn't really know where I was going on this, it just fell together at the end.
I colored the image with Copic markers and filled in the glass dome with Glossy Accents and some iridescent glitter.  The green vines/leaves were cut from two different dies and fitted around the panel.  The ribbon was actually dyed with reinkers some time ago - sorry I don't know exactly what they were anymore.  I masked the area above the punched edge (Martha, of course) and stamped/embossed in clear.  The final touch was some little pink gems.
All in all, it's fairly simple.  I do like the finished card - especially since I usually struggle with pink!
Thanks for dropping by!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011


One of the adorable stamps that I've gotten recently was Agnes, which is a Ketto stamp by Stamping Bella (sorry, I can't link directly to the actual stamp, just to the Ketto page. *sigh*).  I haven't had much time (or mojo!) lately, but I needed a quick & cute card to send to someone special.  Agnes was my first choice! :)
I also used a premade card by Doodlebug designs.  These are tri-fold cards, plain on the front and inside but with a pattern on the folded portion.  Did that make sense?  Found these at Archivers last time I was there and loved the bright, bold colors.
As you can see, after coloring Agnes with Copic markers, I cut her out and adhered her so that she shows through the window.  I used some really nice paper from Xpedx to stamp and color her on (it actually *is* wonderful for Copic blending) but I didn't take into account how THICK the paper was!  Oy, what a mess to try and cut this image out.  If you compare the original image to what I ended up with you'll see that I clipped some parts off - I just couldn't face anymore fussy cutting! :D
Here is a shot of the interior.  I just *had* to use this hysterical sentiment!  It says: "If you can't be a good example, be a dire warning."  It's PERFECT for the person that I sent it to!
You can slightly see the doodles I did on the pattern - nothing too obvious, but there is some VersaMarker and Spica pen in areas.

Hopefully I'll be back soon with my mojo intact.  Although I seem to be interested in things other than cards right now - bought myself a small art journal, we'll see what happens!
Thanks for dropping by!