Tuesday, September 16, 2008

No Joy... I repeat, no joy!

Ok, I think the title is *funny*! I don't know if anyone else watched Stargate SG-1, but dh and I are watching all the episodes in order - ten full seasons! Anyway, we just watched an episode where Carter says to Jack "Sir, we have no joy! I repeat, no joy.". It really cracked me up, I guess I'm supposed to believe that this is military speak for technical failure. Hmmm.... Anyway, so far we have had 'no joy' with the whole OS update on my laptop. There have been several frustrating things obstructing progress, but I have faith in dh. He will persevere!


I guess this means that I should getback to posting! How about a scrappy card? Not something I really do too often, but I did like the effect once I was finished. You can see where I stamped several times without re inking - I liked the faded look for this card especially. I don't know if you can tell from the picture but those are crystal jewels attached in the centers of the flowers (and glitter on the stems). I think the most difficult thing was trying to get the window properly squared while still looking natural.

Thanks for visiting!


Recipe: designer paper from Close to My Heart and Michael's(the inset portion), watercolor pencils, Frayed Burlap Distress Ink, Kaleidacolor Blue ink pad, Simply Stated stamp set from Fancy Pants, Club Stamp (garden quote), Sakura glitter pen, Swarovski crystals

No comments: