Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Just stopping by!

Hi again. I am still in NM and I don't know exactly when I'll be returning home. My grandpa took his last breath on Friday; it wasn't a surprise, but it's never expected. KWIM? I wish that I could post something especially for him, but that will have to wait until I return home to all my stuffies - I only brought the bare minimum with me this time.

Actually, I took time to write a post last night - can't tell, can ya? I was trying to use Windows Live Writer (for the very first time!) and the dang thing froze my entire system! Of course it waited until I had finished writing everything, added a photo and went to hit 'post' before it crashed. Grrrr. On the upside, I wasn't all that fond of the pic that I had to go along with that post anyway!

So, here is something that I hadn't intended to post yet - but will! Like I said, I'm not at home, so this will have to be an approximation of what went into the card. I think the stamp is from Inkadinkado (Hobby Lobby at any rate) and I'm fairly certain that the background is one of the Ranger multi color pads. After that had dried I sprayed some pearly Glimmer Mist on it & brayered it for an even looking coverage. There are some flourishes on the card itself (which is blue) but it was nearly impossible to get a picture of black flourishes on dark blue cardstock! Guess I need to work on my photography a bit more. Oh, and I found some clear plastic-y ribbon that was printed with flourishes too - that's what is on the corners of the panel. I'm not sure that I like them but they're stuck down now, quite permanently! I can't (for the life of me) remember who the greeting stamp is from... if you want to know, leave me a comment & I'll check as soon as I get home.
Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your grandpa. I'm glad for you that you got to see him though. Sending you hugs and lots of love and hoping that your family & memories are a big comfort to you in your loss. (And that is a beautiful card. Your colours are so lovely) Mel

KAT said...

I am sorry to hear about your Grandpa... I hope you and your family can spent some time remembering special moments of him!
He would not want you to be sad - celebrate that he was part of your life!