Friday, October 31, 2008

I'm back, with the Lovely Tree again!

I swear to you, I will *never* get enough of this tree! I love, perhaps even LOVE, this tree! *lol* I admit that this was one of the first Katzelkraft stamps I fell in love with, not THE first - but that's a whole 'nother post.
This was actually done a while ago, well, almost done. After I let it sit for a week or so I decided to add some extra bling. That finally 'finished' it for me. Not only is it the very first Christmas card of the year (boy, am I behind or what?) but I also got to use a bunch of Katzelkraft stamps on it. Yes, the snowflakes & the flourish also came from Bea.
Sometime in the last year or so I saw the idea to place the circle off center. I hadn't tried it yet but the idea was still cooking around in the back of my head. I still think it could use a ribbon, but nothing came out right so I left it off. The tricky thing was to get the dots spaced right around the circle. Once again, I got major inspiration from my Yahoo group girls! I found a circular piece of plastic canvas stuff - it's in the needlepoint(?) section, near the floss & stuff. At least that's where it was in my Hobby Lobby. :) This thing has evenly spaced holes all through it (there were square pieces too) so I just lined up the edges & tried to center my pen in each hole. Worked like a charm and cost less than a buck!
I know you can't really see the bling I added, so here's a close up shot of what they look like. I didn't want to put crystals in every snowflake (although I could've) so I just spaced them out and kept adding until I thought it looked good. I used my good Swarovski crystals (they have amazing color and fire) but they seem to be harder to find lately. Wonder why?


Thanks for visiting! Promise I'll have more black next time! :D



Recipe: Ranger Perfect Pearls, Swarovski crystals, Gelly roll glitter pen (stardust?), Cuttlebug & Nestibilities, Tree, snowflakes & flourish by Katzelkraft, Tis the Season by Northwoods, Distress Ink in Weathered Wood, Snow Cap White Pigment Ink from Ranger, Stamp A Ma Jig

No comments: