Have you ever had one of those days that what's in your head refuses to come out? You know, the kind of day where you start with an idea (and even a specific person in mind) and end up somewhere so different that you're left wondering 'What the...?'
I *had* that day! :D
Just so you can get an idea of how not even close I was - picture me sitting with some grunge letters and wings (covered with shiny pink paper) and a circle card that I'd covered with a gorgeous misty purple scrap paper. With flowers. And glitter.
This is where I ended up:
This doesn't even bear the slightest resemblance to what I *thought* I was doing. Heh.
I started by laying down some of the text papers that Lauren sent me (Hi Lauren! Are you proud of me?!) in a very random fashion. (Yes, this was supposed to be a part of the original card.) The first thing I did was spritz the whole sheet with Moon Shadow Mist in Tawny Turquoise from Lindy's Stamp Gang. After that was dry, I stamped the sentiment from River City Rubber Works in Chipped Sapphire DI (and then went over it with a fine point black pen - but only in the center of the letters). I cut the piece down & rounded the corners, then inked up the edges with more DI. Down one edge I ruffled some tape - it almost looks like masking tape but it's really made for scrapbooks - and stapled it in place with Tim's stapler. It was at this point that I could tell there was no use fightin' it! :D
The other portion of the text paper piece was embossed with the Clockworks folder from Cuttlebug. The raised portions were lightly rubbed with both Chipped Sapphire & Black DI, then had a little silver Krylon pen applied (and buffed with an inky cloth -it was too bright & shiny otherwise). This piece was stapled on to a piece of black c/s which was then adhered to the black card. The sentiment piece is popped up on some black foam dimensionals that I got from TexasJodyLynn over at Confessions of a Ribbon Addict (which are awesome - go buy some!). The final step was to outline the base card with the same silver pen. Oh, wait, the *actual* final step was to add some Rock Candy Distress Stickles to parts of the gears! A girl's gotta have bling! :)
So. Not at all what I expected.
But I think I love it all the more for it's surprise appearance!
Thanks for dropping by!