Tuesday, August 3, 2010

101st post!

Well, I certainly *never* thought I'd write so many posts! It seemed like such a simple thing to start a blog, more of a lark really. Who knew? :)
Most of the family is gone back to their homes now. The only one left is grandma - she'll only be here another couple of weeks & then she'll fly back to KY. It's still a little strange to me that she doesn't live here - of course it's a little strange that they ALL don't live here anymore! Things are headed back to normal, summer is starting to wind down and I'm feeling a bit more crafty. I can't imagine how women with more than one child ever manage to get anything done!
For one of our last family get-togethers I made this card for my cousin (to go with a gift - her & her SO recently bought a house!).
I know the picture doesn't do it justice. I had to take it at night (which I haven't done in a long time) and try to 'fix' it with PSE. Note to self: only take card pics during the day! Still, you'll get the general idea.
The base was black c/s, stamped with a damask background using VersaMark Champagne. The glimmer from the ink looks like dust in the pic - but IRL it's a subtle shimmery echo of the wrapping paper I used. Have I mentioned that I'm a little nuts for wrapping paper? I'm sure that I have well over fifty rolls - enough that we have to keep them in TWO places! DH thinks I'm a little nutso. :)
The glasses (and sentiment) came from the same clear stamp - I cut them apart to use them how I wanted. You can't see very much detail, but both the glasses and the champagne were colored with spica pens. I did add a little DI to the champagne - it needed a little more yellow. Of course I added a little bling on the burgundy ribbon - I wouldn't be me otherwise! Very simple card - but it went beautifully with the gift!
Thanks for dropping by!

1 comment:

lauren bergold said...

oooooooooooooooh! and AHHHHHHHHHHH, even! how stunningly lovely and elegant is this?! WOW! i can only image how exponentially more impressive it is in real life with its shimmery glimmery textural goodness!