Although it seems like all the family schtuff should have quieted down by now - it hasn't! Yesterday I attended a baby shower -lots of family there that I haven't seen in years (sheesh, it sounds like I *never* see family! :D).
Anyway, I made this card for the mom to be. Originally I started with a *completely* different card in mind. About half way through I realized that what I had planned was *not* going to work - so I went off on the baby tangent! :)
As you can see, I started with a circle base in a metallic finish. The quarter moon shape was cut from some of my Kioshi stash. I ran a clear glitter pen around the flowers and the stems - why does that never show up? I sewed very loose stitches through the ribbon & gathered it before attaching it to the back of the Kioshi paper. This is where I ran into trouble. Since I was near the end of the roll (and didn't want to 'waste' any) I used way too much! So much that I had to add *triple* layers of foam tape around the ribbon to support the moon - and I probably should have use four layers. Note to self: use less ribbon, or finer ribbon in the future!
Sadly, I didn't have any teddy bear stamps that worked with the scale of the card. I scoured the internet looking for just the right image and finally settled on this one (which came from a site where you can print off coloring book images). You can see a close up view of the bear here - I used two different techniques from TJ - one called Level Up and one called Paper Peeling. The bear is subtly dimensional (I never remember that I don't like fussy cutting until after I've started and there are *four* layers on some of his parts!) and a little fuzzy (from the peeling). I used a couple of distress inks and a copic marker to color him. The sentiment is from a clear set by Inkadinkado (found at JoAnn's several years ago).
Thanks for dropping by! :)