Thursday, April 22, 2010

A little somethin' that was up on Flickr

And I've finally gotten around to putting it up here! :)
This Hero Arts image was stamped on watercolor paper with permanent ink and colored with Distress Inks. Mostly I used a water brush to add color, but here and there I added color with the blending tool.
The butterfly was colored the same way, but on a second piece of watercolor paper & cut out. Since I wanted the wings to be popped up (but not with the pop dots that I have, they're too thick) I came up with another solution. I used Glossy Accents on the back of the wings - built up until it was a thick as I liked - and let it dry. The best part of doing it this way is that I was able to add more dimension at the edges AND I was able to take it out to the very edge of the wings. That's awesome because they can't be crushed in the mail! :D
Although you can't see it in the picture, there are little bits of sparkle here and there (spica pen, mostly) for interest. Oh, and the lozenges were also cut from a second piece of watercolor paper - these were coated with GA for shine then glued in place. After all, practically *every* card needs a little shimmer and shine, don'tcha think? ;)
Thanks for dropping by!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Love your background! Such a beautiful touch to stamp this on watercolor paper!