Friday, March 26, 2010

A card... from someone else?

Why, yes! I *do* have a card from someone else! Lookee:
Isn't it fabulous?! :) My lovely friend Lauren and I have been having lots of interesting chats. She's getting more interested in 'technique-y' stuff and asked for some suggestions. Since there are *many* amazing artists out there, I was thrilled to send on some links! This is her first try at the Bandanna technique (you can see her post about it here) - and I think it's awesome! Not only is it awesome, but she sent it to *me* - am I a lucky girl or what? As if that weren't enough, she used her latest digi collage as the address label on the envelope! (now the postman loves her too!) If you get the chance you should absolutely go visit her blog. We must have diametrically opposed (yet strangely complimentary) skills. Well, she has SKILLZ! :) Some of the things that she does with text just blow me away.
Thank you *ever* so much Lauren! This will look absolutely amazing on my 'card wall'.


Ok, ok. Enough about my very fun mail day.... How 'bout something from me? :) If you've been following along for a while you know that I stumbled across a new (to me) blog called Simplicity. I'm not all that good at the CAS style, but she has inspired me to try again.
Once again I've used the big flower from Hero Arts, this time I cut it into pieces. What you may not be able to tell is that I stamped it on wood. Yes, wood! Last time I went to Archivers I found these sheets of wood - paper thin. This particular one was Birch. I used several colors of Distress Inks to stamp/color the flower. I used Diamond stickles for the center of the flower to add some sparkle (CAS does NOT mean bland!). The base and layer the sentiment is on were both stamped on sparkly white paper. The sentiment was cut and embossed with a long rectangle nestie before I popped it up. Truly, it looks better in person.

Thanks for dropping by!

4 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

OMG! This is amazing, Mari! If it looks better in person, I can't imagine how beautiful it is!

Now I gotta get some of that wood paper. Thanks for that bit of enabling....;)

Beate said...

Your card looks gorgeous! So does your happy mail.
Hugs and smiles

Jill said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! I haven't ever seen anything like this before! It is truly a stunner! Love how you just used part of the image and the stamping on wood gives a nice, subtle texture! I just checked out the photos on splitcoast of your space and it is FAB! Love the way you have all of the cards displayed and it looks like you have some great storage for your inks and supplies! Thanks so much for the link, my friend!

lauren bergold said...

oh ♥WOW♥!!!!!!!!!! ok, yeah, even tho i knew it was coming... (i blog-read backwards, much like i do everything!) ...this sucker just blew me away anyhow! :)

♥LOVE♥ the way the wood warms up those stamped flowers...and then the utter BRILLIANCE of having them be both die-cut AND sort of truncated by the frame of the card---WOW!!!!!!!!!!! and then the way the sentiment is red ink on white panel...with the teeny embossed edge...on the white card...!!!!! yeeeowza!!! i could totally get into "CAS" if it always looked like THIS, baby!!!