For this particular card I wanted to use the bird stamp - yup, that was my complete plan. I must have tried four different combinations of ink and paper (and ep) before I found one that kept the birds white. Really white! I finally hit on stamping with the VersaMark Dazzle (in Frost) on white paper then coating with clear ep. My experience is that embossing over VMD makes the 'dazzle' disappear, but there seemed to be a slight glimmer left this time? Go figure.
The flourish was stamped along the pale pink piece (which shimmers softly) in Distress Ink. Because the pink stuff is coated, the DI seemed to 'bubble' and sit on top of the paper - more EP to the rescue! I like the look it gave the finished piece - it matches the Basic Grey brown paper very well in color & texture. The flowers were sprayed with Glimmer Mist and allowed to dry before affixing hot melt pearls in their centers.
I had a hard time not putting ribbon on this card, but everything I tried just looked too... yucky. Yup, yucky is the right word! lol So, some more VMD on the base, a few more pearls and the sentiment stamp are all I added. Ta Da! Nothing like I thought I was working toward... :D
Thanks for dropping in!