Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Do you remember Mulberry paper??

Well, that's quite the question, isn't it? You don't really see much with mulberry paper anymore, everyone moved on to the 'new, fresh' thing. Not me (lol!) - mostly because I *still* have a huge stash of it. Yes, I have a paper problem... and no, I don't think I need help! :D
I was inspired by two things for this card. First was PSE. Yes, that's what I said. I'm still learning (*huge* learning curve) what to do and how to do it, but I've been seduced by all the amazing free brushes out there (soooo much worse than free fonts!). So I was playing with some brushes and got this idea for layered images - well, the same image but layered in similar colors on top of each other. Now, I know lots of people out there do this sort of thing but this was the first time I went 'A Ha!' - an epiphany if you will. :) The second thing that inspired me was a card using the Cappuchino Delight pad. I love the colors but rarely remember to use it. It just seemed perfect for this!

So, the background is done on watercolor paper with a brayer and then splattered with water & blotted with a paper towel. The flourishes (of course) are some of my gorgeous Katzelkraft stamps and the sentiment is from Club Stamp. Mulberry paper and dew drops finished it off.

I hope you like it as much as I do! Thanks for visiting!



2 comments:

Etha said...

this is so involved and, hmm, "heavy"? hard to explain, it makes me think :) great card!!

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... gorgeous card.