Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A couple of (totally different) cards

I almost thought that I wasn't going to have anything ready to post today. Between Halloween and (yet another) illness I've been falling behind on the things I wanted to create. At the last minute I finished the card I was working on - and then I found another that was waiting in the wings! :)
This first card used a freebie image from DigiDrawn over on CDAC. I loved that giant pumpkin as soon as I saw it and just had to make at least *one* fall/Halloween card. :)
I printed the pumpkin on regular white cardstock and colored it with pencils - a *lot* of different pencils! I don't think I've mentioned that I go over the lines with a black fine point pen (after coloring) to really add definition back to the image. Just one of those things that takes time and patience but can make a huge difference!
For the moon I cut a circle out of cardstock & colored it with Distress Inks. I also pounced a little bit of Versamark here and there then dusted with gold perfect pearls before coating it with Rock Candy crackle paint. I printed the sentiment then colored it with the same Distress Inks (even though it looks tons brighter in the pic than it does IRL). The green paper was stamped with a large flourish and Versamark, then punched with a Martha Stewart corner punch and edged with black. After adhering it all down to the base card I traced around the edges of the green paper with a black Spica pen and added small black gems - does that surprise you? ;)
For this card I used a new technique from Technique Junkies called Puzzle Layers. I admit that it would have gone better had I actually read *all* of the directions before jumping in, but I think it came out alright in the end. The background stamp is from Lost Coast Designs and was stamped in black VersaFine on white cardstock. It was colored with a mix of brown Distress Inks then spritzed with pearl glimmer mist (I got nice even glimmer on the bottom, but the top got really blotchy! what gives??) and edged with a gold Krylon pen.
The smaller pieces were also stamped with black on white c/s but were colored with a mix of blues and a mix of yellows. The sentiment is from River City Rubber Works. Also with VersaFine on white, also colored with Distress and also edged with gold Krylon.
So there you have it! Two cards in one post! :)
Thanks for dropping by!

1 comment:

lauren bergold said...

oof! it seems almost unfair to have TWO equally gorgeous but totally different cards on one post! i am so afraid i will offend one of them by forgetting a point of praise!!! :)

the great pumpkin ROCKS, obviously! i will never, ever, everrrrrr be 10% as good of a colorer as you are. fact. even if i had your patience. and i was willing to practice and practice. you are THE BEST, i cede that to you wholeheartedly! ♥

the angel one is AMAZING!!! both the combo of elements (stamps, coloring, papers) you chose...and then YEAH that puzzle technique is soooooo gorgeously dramatic and FAB! (& see *that* i could do...maybe...i think...) :) :) :)

you are the QUEEN of both innovation AND of makin' me want to learn new stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥♥♥