Sunday, July 4, 2010

Very nearly the same card...

I must have been in a very nautical mood! Although I admit, I do love this stamp but it rarely sees the light of day. I can't even think of why!
The stamped panel had the same treatment as the last card (lots of dripping glimmer mist) - actually were both cut from the larger sheet I made in the beginning. As you can see, I used black Versafine instead of blue, and there was no stenciling.
The really cool thing about this one was the punch shape. I saw a tutorial on Amazing Paper Grace (3 parts) on punching with the MS corner punches to make awesome shapes. As soon as I saw this one I knew it was perfect for this card - it looks so much like a compass or ships wheel! There was a little extra glimmer added to them after they were punched, honestly I loved them either way. On the right side you can see the edge punch that goes with the corner punch I used. The only other thing I really used is the 'black' (hah! those are NOT black) dew drops. Perfect for this particular card, but a really disappointing color in general. Just sayin'.
I hope you had a fabulous 4th of July with lots of food, family, fireworks and SAFETY! :)
Thanks for dropping by!

1 comment:

lauren bergold said...

you made those latticey ship's wheel thingies with A CORNER PUNCH???!??!?!? you are *TOTALLY* gonna turn me into a newsletter reading, video watching tutorial junkie, aren't ya??!?!?! (ok, ok, it's *WORKING*...and the results are undeniably FAB!!!) :) :) :)

i like this one A LOT...and definitely all the accoutrements & accents and embellies are awesome! that is a BRILLIANT sentiment...and the lattice edge is particularly cool! well done, missus! ♥

(& happy 4th to you too!!!) ♥♥♥