Thursday, July 2, 2009

Opals embossing powder

Hello out there! I'm back with just a quick post using Opals Embossing Powder.
Opals are a gorgeous ultra thick ep from Australia. Amazing colors, rich & sparkly. I *love* them! You can get them from After Midnight along with tons of other really cool stuff.

For this card I used my nesties to cut a circle the right size for the tree stamp (it's new from Inkadinkado). After some trial and error I pulled out my long neglected Melting Pot and heated a bunch of The Nut for the base. After pouring the molten ep on the circle I sprinkled some Eucalypt and melted that with my heat gun. While it was still hot I pressed the stamp (coated with VersaMark) into the ep and let it cool. Finally, I rubbed a little Galaxy Gold on the raised parts of the design.

Because I don't have any paper that can come close to matching the rich color of those eps, I spritzed Hot Cinnamon Glimmer Mist over a piece of brown c/s - it's almost a perfect match! I also used a new punch from EK Success on the edges of the green base - it punches and embosses at the same time. Once I figured out the placement of all the pieces I used VersaMark and stamped just the branches on the green area.

A little ribbon and some serious double stick tape et voila! I really like how it came out - hope you do too! :)

Have a happy Fourth of July if I don't get back before then!


1 comment:

Von said...

That works so well :)
Von