Thursday, June 25, 2009

Depth of field and a visitor!

Back again! I've been having a heck of a time getting things done! I finally finished this card last night - after it had been sitting on my table for almost a week! Sheesh.
Anyway, it's a technique called Depth of Field from the latest TJ newsletter. This wasn't the best stamp (the ship) for this technique, but I do like how it came together. The ship and wave/ripple background are from Rubberstamp Ave and the sentiment is from River City Rubber Works - both great companies!
Otherwise, there were a lot of Distress Inks, some Perfect Pearls and a little twine. I know you can't see it in the pic, but the base card has the waves stamped around the edges with more Perfect Pearls - very shimmery in real life!


We also had a visitor a few days ago. Late in the evening I heard a crazy buzzing noise and wondered if a wasp had gotten in. Can you see it?






How 'bout now? :) (ummm, yeah, ignore the cobwebs, kay?)






Isn't that amazing? Dh & the boy managed to net it and put it outside to go on it's merry way. I do so love dragonflies! Gorgeous, wasn't he?



Thanks for dropping in!












2 comments:

Etha said...

oh that card is gorgeous!! best depth of field that I have seen yet!! the stitching down the side is amazing.
Oh that dragonfly is very cute :) I saw one of those blue ones visiting in the greenhouse yesterday, made me smile :)

Peet said...

Such gorgeous card, Mari!! great design, love it!
Beautiful pictures of the dragonfly!