Thursday, June 23, 2011

I think I'm getting better?

Hmm, possibly the mojo is trickling back?  Dunno for sure, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :)
This card came out of nowhere... no plan, no idea of what I was doing!  I (finally) inked up this gorgeous stamp from Stampers Anonymous that my very best friend gave me.  I've wanted this stamp for some time - the girlfriends always come through, don't they?
First I brayered some Ranger dye ink onto glossy paper (Hydrangea, I think) then stamped the angel in black VersaFine & clear embossed it.  Once it had cooled I painted the angel with bleach - several coats in some places.  It dried blotchy (the glossy paper, I think) but I thought it still looked cool enough to use.  I painted some Glimmer Glaze (in Sugarcane) on the flesh parts since I didn't like the blotches on her face and a bit of white Smooch on her wings (although, as usual, you can't see it in the pic).  Finally I trimmed her out as closely as I could and added a light coat of Perfect Pearl mist - which shows up as lighter, splotchy looking color especially in the purple areas near the top.
I stamped the border along the edges of the card base and embossed in clear again.  After cooling, I masked them off and colored them with a Q-tip and 3 - 4 colors of Opalite ink to match the dye background.  I also dotted some smooch and glimmer glaze to tie the two parts together.  The embroidery floss was added (although I still question the gold strand - yes, it's actually a muted gold IRL) then popped up the stamped panel over them.
On a completely different subject, I also learned how to make the picture much, much bigger.  I haven't tried it before, so I don't know if the size will interfere with sidebars, etc when posted.  Do let me know if it takes a long time to load, or if it looks wonky - *please*?  Thank you! :D
Thanks for dropping by!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

This is absolutely stunning!!!! Wow just beautiful!!!

annemarks said...

This is gorgeous - thanks for always describing your process, it is really useful and informative.

Janna Werner said...

Heya Mari! This card rocks! Love the blue shades and the images is yummie. TFS! Janna

Erum Tasneem said...

BRILLIANT!!!! frame this! SO GORGEOUS!!!! LOVE it!!!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow MAri, this is stunning - a true work of art (and very reminiscent of the architecture I saw on a recent trip to Venice). Absolutely love it.
The picture looks perfect - no wonkiness, and it loaded in a split second, so no worries at all!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx