Saturday, February 26, 2011

Have you seen my missing mojo?

If so, would you ask it (ever so nicely) to return to me? Thanks, I'd appreciate it! ;D
I will admit that I've spent much of what I had on a new blog background. Which isn't perfect yet, but *is* a WIP that I intend to finish up soon!
I do have a card to show you. Not spectacular, but worth showing I think. Somehow it went completely sideways - you see, it didn't want to be what I intended! I was trying for the Neutral Shadows technique again, but a little altered. Well, look:
I stamped the image on a piece of asian newspaper (that I adhered to white c/s for strength) and embossed it with white powder. Using a small stippling brush I added Antique Linen Distress Ink around the branches and a little Peeled Paint to the leaves (which is not a part of the technique, but I couldn't resist). It didn't look the way I wanted it to - in fact it was *ugly* - so I spritzed it with Perfect Pearl Mist and set it aside to dry.
The background was another piece of the paper (again, backed with white c/s) and edged with more Antique Linen. I found the soft green ribbon in my stash and added it to the card. Once I added the main stamped panel I realized that it was too blah looking. I found some soft green Radiant Pearls in my stash and brushed some *very* diluted color over the back panel.
The white embroidery thread and asian inspired coin were the final touch before adhering the whole thing to a white base.
So. Not at all what I wanted, and certainly not as exciting as I planned. But in the end I think it works fairly well.
Thanks for dropping by!

3 comments:

Karen B. said...

I think your mojo has to be close by as I think this card is beautiful!

lauren bergold said...

ok, well, if this ♥AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS WORK OF ART♥ (!!!) is still not what you want...i will be HAPPY (delirious, in fact) to get it "out of your house" for ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy mackeral miss m! how can you not ADORE this like i do??!?! i don't think it's your mojo that was missing...i think it might be an eyesight deficit!!!

(ps: noticed the blog b/g immediately...it ROCKS...tell me you designed the whole flippin' thing??!?!?!?! you blow me away, missus!!!)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Pure Perfection. I can't believe you could possibly be missing mojo and make this. It's just lovely beyond belief.