Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Totally *not* my style!

You know how sometimes you're creating a card (or whatever it is that you create) and it sort of takes a left turn somehow? You're left wondering what happened - that wasn't AT ALL what you envisioned.... How 'bout when it not only takes a left, but flips a u-turn? ;D
That's *exactly* what happened here!
I loved these darling birds from Marker Guru (a freebie), and the idea of using these pearls on a line (bridal area of Hobby Lobby), *and* this background technique I saw here (which is absolutely stunning).
Honestly, I colored the birds two separate times. The first time is what you see here, although I also colored them in green and then didn't like them with the background. They were colored with a variety of copics, probably with something like 5 different colors. I'm still working on my blending skills! :)
I actually printed several copies of the birds in the same size. One I used to make the background (three different colors of cool gray plus blender pen) and one with the purple birds that I trimmed out. After I colored the background I cut it out with a nestie oval, covered it with VersaMark & embossed it with holographic glitter EP from Ranger. The birds were glued down with some Glossy Accents.
I used some ruffled ribbon (where did I get that? I need more!) and a Martha Stewart punch for the top & bottom edges. The flourishes were cut using a punch that my dear friend gave me for my birthday - and even though you can't see it, they were covered with the clear spica pen. A little heart stamp and some London Fog Memento ink and I was all done.
Still a little confused, though.
Thanks for dropping by!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

this looks great :D glad you made use my drawing :D

Anonymous said...

Very nice--pretty!

Erum Tasneem said...

the card looks adorable! the image is beautifully coloured!