Sunday, January 11, 2009

The posts are few and far between....

Meh. I'm so not good lately at posting. First I got a new laptop for Christmas (yippee!), then we realized that the PSE program that I had wouldn't work with Vista (boooo!). So, we've ordered a new version, but while waiting for it to show up (ah, the joys of Amazon) we got word that my grandma passed away early Tuesday. Now, for those that have been keeping up, you already know the meaning of that... yes, another 12 hour car trip with the child that hates cars! Ugh, someday he's going to grow out of his car hatred... someday.
So, I thought that while I had a chance I would drop in real quick and post an oldie but something that I actually really like. Nothing special went into the making of this card, at least no special techniques! The eyes are from Third Coast; stamped on white cs and rubbed with Dune ink. The eyes are just colored pencil. I had some great tiger patterned paper that looked great layered together. I think the hardest part was tearing the whole in the exactly right place. lol In the end I decided to add the little dancers to the front, they're heat embossed in black so that they don't detract much from the total look. Since I'm not at home I can't tell you who makes the dancers right now, but if you really want to know I could get back to you if you leave a comment.

Hope you enjoy!



No comments: